Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Reflection of AED

1. My expectations for taking this course was to learn a lot about art. I really think that I did, reading the text book every week seemed to give me a tour through the world of art development. I learned everything from the different art movements, to the different forms and medias of art. I wanted to learn about art history, and I learned quite a bit about that subject as well.

2. After taking this class I would say art is a diverse range of expression. In my first post I didn't know how to describe art and now wherever I look all I see is art.

3. I didn't have a favorite artist in my first post, and I don't think that I do now either. I really like van Goghs work, the way he is so abstract is amazing, and at the same time his art works always look complete. I also really like Andy Warhol's art, its very unique and different, I love the pop of colors everywhere and the play on the original pieces that he does. I also really like Kelly Richardson, I had never heard of her until the art gallery visit, I found myself in her exhibit for a couple hours, it was very interesting.

4. I really liked taking an online course, it was a good experience, I liked that I could get the work done on my time. I was right in my first blog, keeping up with the work is going to be the most important part, luckily because of due dates I had no choice but  to keep up with the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment