Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Project 4, Exhibit Review

1.

The project that I reviewed was Stephanie Aendas's exhibit A Dog's Eye View.

2.

I selected to review this exhibit because I am an animal lover. I have a dog of my own so I knew I would really enjoy reviewing this exhibit. I know that when reviewing an exhibit you need to try to stay unbias, which I thought would be a fun challenge for myself. I could have easily just said I loved it and be done.

3.

I really struggled with finding something wrong with the exhibit. I liked all of the works of art that she used in her exhibit. Since I love dogs it was hard for me to say anything bad about them, which I didn't do. I just focused on suggesting different arrangement of the deletion of a certain piece rather than critiquing the animals.

4.

I didn't mind critiquing my peers work. I think it is easier to critique someones work that you don't know personally. Also knowing that they're my peers and they have to do the same thing as me made it easier to review their work.

5.

Yes, I would love to read what my peers had to say about my exhibit. I really enjoyed putting mine together so it'd be interesting to see if they felt the same as I did on my exhibit.

6.

I would rate my article a 8, since it was my first ever article review I wasn't sure how to balance out the sections of the review. I focused a lot of the analyzing of the exhibit and the breaking down of the exhibit and the art work, and not so much on the emotional aspect. I think it was good for my first time!

7.

Yes, I enjoyed working on this project. It was fun to get all of the different art works and arrange them so that they fit well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment