Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mask Making

1. Inspirational Masks:

 I really liked all of the color used in this mask, I knew I wanted mine to be bright and colorful as well.

 I liked the texture of the nose and hair in this mask, knowing we had to make our masks 3d I wanted to try something similar.

I used this mask as an inspiration for the size proportioning for all of the parts of the mask (mouth, nose, eyes)


2.  My sketches, and final mask

Traditional Celebration Mask

Traditional Mask of the Dead

For my final mask I wanted to incorporate a true meaning behind the reasoning for the mask. I wanted to add lots of colors to create a "celebration" mask. I wanted to make the mask 3d as well so I added a pop our nose and mouth. I wanted to show the texture that I created in the hair so I "molded" the mask however I could. 

3. I think my mask is pretty good, I'm no master of making masks but I used a lot of elements in my work, and a lot of influence from research on African culture, and masks. I liked making the mask, it was something I had never researched or done before so it was very fun to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment