Friday, February 22, 2013

Value Scale/Color Wheel

1. I strongly disliked creating my value scale, I found it very difficult. I decided to use charcoal which I had never used before so I had to get used to using that before I could create the scale. I did many trials of the scale before I found one that I thought looked good.







I really liked making the color wheel! I found it really fun to play with the different colors to create the other four colors. I think it was smart for us to create the color wheel because we learned first hand how to create these colors, which I thought were un-creatable.


   2. I enjoyed working the best with the paint, because I found it more fun and to be honest, much easier than the charcoal. It was really fun to become an artist of my own color wheel and create it, I have never really painted before so it was a fun new experience for me!


 3. I think the most important discovery of these creations was learning that making the colors red, and blue was possible. I was always taught that you start with the basic primary colors red and blue, I never knew that it was possible to make your own primary colors. I also thought those were the few basic colors that couldn't be created.


 4. The most important information I learned from watching the videos was how to create the value scale, and how in depth it can be to create one. The color wheel was easy enough that I could figure out how to make it without having help from a video. The value scale I struggled with. Watching the video allowed me to learn how to hold the charcoal and apply even coloring throughout each section. The videos in my opinion were very informative and interesting. I learned a lot of interesting facts from the color video, and the painting and printmaking video.

No comments:

Post a Comment